The Texas Democratic Party is committed to maintaining a high-quality voter file that is updated throughout the year to ensure that Democrats have access to the most accurate information possible. Every election cycle, the TDP invests almost $300,000 to update the TDP voter file, which includes matching home addresses with the USPS, obtaining phone numbers, appending voting history and adding new voters to the file. This year, the TDP will make multiple updates to the voter file, so our users are campaigning with current data.
The TDP is proud to announce that we have a state-of-the-art, interactive online voter file. Texas VAN, our new voter file system, is a huge step forward for Texas Democrats. Access to the TDP voter file is provided to Democratic Party officials (such as County Chairs, Precinct Chairs and SDEC members) for free and is provided to candidates for a fraction of the full market value of the voter file plus value-added data. Access to VAN includes:
- State of the art software from the Voter Activation Network that provides access to the voter file anytime, anywhere with an internet connection and a web browser;
- Voter file data from every county in the state including pertinent registration information and vote history as far back as 1992 including Primary and General Elections, supplemented with run-off elections, special elections and constitutional elections;
- Users’ capability to search nearly every point of data stored in a voter’s profile to generate highly specific block walk or phone bank lists, to create custom codes and survey questions for tailored scripts, and to enter canvass results for real time data analysis;
- Value added data such as current phone numbers, demographic information, scores based on up-to-date micro-targeting and modeling data, GOTV targets, and geocodes to six decimal places assigned to voter registration addresses for highly accurate mapping;
- Cutting edge tools such as Virtual Phone Bank, Turf Cutter, and the volunteer management tool My Campaign that allow staff to maximize resources and effectively contact voters.
To ensure that you can use VAN to better focus your efforts, the TDP has put together a series of user guides that walk you through how to use various features of the program and how you can best use the voter file to target your communication with voters. And Voter File training is always included in TDP grassroots trainings.
Please note that Access to the TDP Online Voter File is limited to County Chairs, Democratic Candidates, Precinct Chairs, Texas Majority Builders and SDEC members as outlined in our Use and Access Policy.
Please read the documents below before requesting an account:
To sign-up for an account, please go to http://www.texasvan.com/ and click on “Request an Account”.
Are you a Precinct Chair? Download the Precinct Chair User Guide.
If you have any questions, please call the TDP at (512) 478-9800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.