Austin, TX — Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller posted an article praising President Donald Trump for having removed a Muslim federal judge who attempted to implement Sharia law.
NEWS FLASH: it’s not true and Sid Miller was duped.
“A ‘22nd Circuit Court of Appeals’ does not exist in the federal court system, and removal of a federal judge must happen via impeachment, according to the U.S. Constitution, not presidential executive order.” [Houston Chronicle, November 27, 2017]
This isn’t the first time Sid Miller has posted false and offensive content:
- Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller Manages To Offend Mentally Ill And Pakistanis In One Post [Dallas Morning News, October 30, 2017]
- Texas Ag Commissioner Sid Miller compares snakes to refugees, likes ‘dead ones won’t bite’ comment [San Antonio Express News, November 19, 2015]
- Fake News? That Didn’t Stop Sid Miller From Spreading It. [Houston Chronicle, January 15, 2017]
- Sid Miller Promotes False Narrative That Illegal Immigrants Shot Hunters [Houston Press, January 19, 2017 ]
- On Sid Miller’s Facebook, Fake News Flows Freely [Texas Tribune, December 3, 2016]
- Top Texas Republican Official Calls Hillary Clinton The C-word On Twitter [Mic, November 1, 2016]
- Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller Posts Fake Shot Of Obama With Che Tee [Houston Chronicle, March 23, 2016]
On Monday, Miller admitted to his 637,000 Facebook followers, “Well it looks like I may have been duped. This may be fake news…”
This morning, Donald Trump defended sharing a far-right, ultranationalists video on Twitter with the intent of portraying the Muslim community in a bad light.
Texas Democratic Party Communications Director Tariq Thowfeek issued the following statement:
“It’s clear that Sid Miller and Donald Trump enjoy sharing notes from the same racist, bigoted playbook. The world would be a better place if both of them deleted their social media accounts.”