Austin, TX– Texas Democrats in four House races have reported large fundraising hauls for the second quarter this year. [Dallas Morning News, July 9, 2018]
Here are the Texas Democratic congressional candidates that raised more than $1M each in the 2nd quarter:
- TX-32, Colin Allred
- TX-7, Lizzie Pannill Fletcher
- TX-23, Gina Ortiz Jones
- TX-31, “MJ” Hegar
- “Lizzie Pannill Fletcher has laid down a marker in one of the most closely watched U.S. House races in the country, raising more than $1 million in the past three months” (read more)
Dallas Morning News
- “The second quarter marked a dramatic increase in Allred’s fundraising…Allred’s fundraising began to pick up steam after he finished first in the March primary among seven candidates.”(read more)
- “[Gina Ortiz Jones] has raised $2.2 million to date. No Democrat in the district — first drawn in 2006 — has raised more than $2.7 million over an entire election cycle. (read more)
- 10 days after Texas Democrat and veteran MJ Hegar released a campaign ad that went viral, she raised $750,000 and will report raising $1.1 million in the second fundraising quarter”(read more)
Texas Democratic Party Executive Director Crystal K. Perkins issued the following statement:
“We couldn’t be prouder of these badass Texas Democrats who are hard at work on the campaign trail, fighting for everyone’s fair shot to get ahead.
“These incredible fundraising numbers coupled with grassroots support prove what we’ve known all along, Texans aren’t just ready for change, they’re fighting for it.
“Let’s be clear, this election is critical and it is not about any one individual. Rather, it is about what is at stake for our country, our democracy, and our state.
“Texas Democrats know that in order to have the best midterm of our lifetime, we have to keep up the pressure and spread our message across our great state, and that’s what we intend to do.”