Austin, TX– Today, the Austin American Statesman reported on Republican Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller adding another offensive tweet during his time in office.
“Referencing the possible release of the secret Nunes memo, which alleges an anti-Trump bias at the FBI and Justice Department, Miller wrote that ‘Democrats haven’t been this upset over Republicans releasing something since Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves!’” Read more…
Texas Democratic Party Deputy Executive Director Manny Garcia issued the following statement:
“Sid Miller is unworthy of Texas.
“Every single Republican elected official owes it to Texans to denounce Miller’s stupid rhetoric. We’re looking at you Ted Cruz, Greg Abbott, Dan Patrick, George P. Bush, and Ken Paxton.
“Thankfully, Texans have a real champion in Texas Democrat Kim Olson, a military veteran, and farmer who’s focused on the real issues in Texas Agriculture, not offensive one-liners.”
This isn’t the first time Sid Miller has posted false and offensive content:
- Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller Manages To Offend Mentally Ill And Pakistanis In One Post [Dallas Morning News, October 30, 2017]
- Texas Ag Commissioner Sid Miller compares snakes to refugees, likes ‘dead ones won’t bite’ comment [San Antonio Express-News, November 19, 2015]
- Fake News? That Didn’t Stop Sid Miller From Spreading It. [Houston Chronicle, January 15, 2017]
- Sid Miller Promotes False Narrative That Illegal Immigrants Shot Hunters [Houston Press, January 19, 2017 ]
- On Sid Miller’s Facebook, Fake News Flows Freely [Texas Tribune, December 3, 2016]
- Top Texas Republican Official Calls Hillary Clinton The C-word On Twitter [Mic, November 1, 2016]
- Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller Posts Fake Shot Of Obama With Che Tee [Houston Chronicle, March 23, 2016]
- Miller shares fake news story, trumpets Trump “Well it looks like I may have been duped. This may be fake news…” [Houston Chronicle, November 27, 2017