Training Program Manager
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking a part-time, experienced trainer and administrative manager to support its Staff the Movement campaign staff school and its Training Department at large.
Description: The Texas Democratic Party is organizing a four-month online and in-person campaign staff school and is looking for a part-time, temporary employee to help manage logistics, facilitation and general oversight for the program. In addition, this staff member will support other training programs and initiatives as necessary. Flexible work schedule, however, significant weekend work will be required.
The position will be based in Austin and may require some statewide travel. The position will begin in May and run through September (with the option for an extension if there is a direct need). The TPM should be able to manage event logistics, have experience as a teacher or adult trainer, have an intermediate to advanced knowledge of the Google Suite, and be able to coordinate and manage several projects at once. The TPM must be able to complete projects under tight deadlines in a highly integrated and collaborative workplace while maintaining a positive attitude. The TPM will report directly to the Training and Programming Director.
Salary: This position pays $18/hour.
Employee Classification: This is a part-time position for at least six months.
Start Date: Expected May 1st
Application Process: Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to [email protected].
The TPM will:
- Manage all logistics for the Staff the Movement program;
- Be the point of contact for all applicants and program participants;
- Work with the Training and Programming Director to manage other training projects and support needs;
- Help manage interns in the Political and Training Departaments;
- Work with partner organizations and issue experts helping out/supporting the program;
- Develop and facilitate trainings;
- Be responsible for outreach and communications for the STM program; and
- Support the Training and Programming Director in creating, grading and updating online coursework for the STM program and other training projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Reliable transportation;
- Training and facilitation experience;
- Administrative experience;
- Event planning and experience managing logistics;
- Intermediate or expert understanding of the Google Suite; and
- Experience developing training materials.
- Additional Qualities:
- Customer-service oriented and strong work ethic;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented individual;
- Video editing skills a plus;
- Experience writing emails and other communications to large audiences; and
- Public speaking experience.
Diversity: The Texas Democratic Party is an equal-opportunity employer. Consistent with the Texas Democratic Party’s commitment to including groups historically underrepresented in the Texas Democratic Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the Texas Democratic Party.
The Texas Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Women and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.