Current Job Openings
The Texas Democratic Party is hiring! Check out our career openings:
|Training Internship||Austin, TX|
|Regional Political Director||Across Texas|
|Finance Internship||Austin, TX|
|Political Internship||Austin, TX|
|Communications Internship||Austin, TX|
|Data Internship||Austin, TX|
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking Training interns. Interns will get hands on experiences working at TDP’s statewide headquarters located in Austin. This is not just another paper-pushing internship – you will play a role in our statewide training campaign to build the capacity of candidates, volunteers, activists and local party members.
We are looking for interns with the following skills and experience:
- Copy editing documents and publications;
- Google Drive, Google Slides in particular;
- The ability to pull together quality presentations and information on a tight timeline;
- Strong researching skills, including the ability to succinctly summarize research findings;
- Strong public speaker; and
- Understands political campaigns (experience with political campaigns preferred).
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This position is unpaid. No calls please.
Regional Political Director
The Texas Democratic Party is currently hiring Regional Political Directors to manage robust voter contact programs in different regions of the state. Regional political staff will be important pillars of the 2018 Statewide Coordinated Campaign. Exceptional candidates must have previous experience in campaign or union field organizing.
Regional Political Directors (RPD’s) manage all voter contact efforts on the regional level, as built and coordinated by the State Party. RPD’s will work to support the statewide Democratic ticket in their assigned region, and serve as strategic and operational advisers to county parties located within their region. The RPD will be held to the highest standards in professional conduct and ethics.
RPD’s must be self-starters, team builders, and must care deeply about the future success of progressive politics in Texas. RPD’s will be managed by the Coordinated Campaign Director, and will receive a substantial amount of direction from TDP Headquarters.
- Work with county parties to build, implement, and track progress of county party field plans
Help county parties build coalitions of local progressive partners and ensure efficient coordination of voter contact effort on the ground
- Train county party staff, or volunteers, as necessary in order to achieve goals of the coordinated campaign
- Organizing and advancing events for ticket when in region
- Work with regional press secretary to execute media strategy in region
- Activate county parties to coordinate field activity for statewide days of action
- Additional duties as assigned by senior party staff
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines at once
- Proficiency in team building and motivating team members
- Strong writing ability
- Ability to train staff and volunteers
- Places value in confidentiality, accountability
- Believer in the principles of the Democratic Party, its platform, and its people
- Two campaign cycles with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership (one cycle being at a Field Director level or higher) and experience in managing a GOTV program; two cycles experience with VAN
- Experience in managing staff and volunteers
- Experience working in diverse communities
- Experience working with community leaders
- Experience in digital organizing
- A reliable vehicle
- A reliable laptop
- A reliable cell phone
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Three campaign cycles with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership (two cycles at Field Director level or higher) and experience in managing a GOTV program; three cycles experience with VAN
These positions will be based in Harris County, the Rio Grande Valley, and the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Applicants not from the aforementioned areas will be considered.
How to Apply:
Send your resume, a one-page cover letter, and three professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, address your email like this: RPD Application: Your Name
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking Finance Interns. Candidates should be college students or recent graduates who are looking to gain political fundraising experience. This internship is the perfect preparation for joining a top campaign’s finance operation, issue organization, or state party.Interns will work in a fast-paced environment and duties will include assisting staff with donor research, creating call sheets, fundraising calls, database management, and event planning/staffing. Strong applicants will be well organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and have a positive attitude and willingness to learn. Excel and Word knowledge required.To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This position is unpaid. No calls please.
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking Political Interns. Interns will get hands on experiences working at TDP’s statewide headquarters located in Austin. This is not just another paper-pushing internship – you will play a role in our coordinated campaign effort to elect Democrats all up and down the ballot across the entire state of Texas. You will learn about a modern political campaigns.Our political team is actively recruiting and helping in campaigns at all levels. Interns will be asked to research campaign districts, help create campaign plans, help plan and execute candidate trainings, and help candidates directly.To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is unpaid. No calls please.
The Texas Democratic Party (TDP) is looking for interns to work within the communications department to foster the growth of the next generation of campaign staff and leaders.Communications Interns will play a role in our communications strategy that helps elect Democrats all across the state of Texas. You will learn all about building and maintaining our press lists, drafting press releases, brainstorming ideas for how we can best amplify our message, and the importance of building relationships with newspapers, radio and tv stations along the way.To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This position is unpaid. No calls please.
Data interns will work with the Data Team to procure election and polling place data, oversee TDP’s voter engagement tools, and assist in maintaining the state’s voter data.Must have knowledge or interest in learning SQL and VAN, and knowledge of Python is a big plus. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is unpaid. No calls please.
The Texas Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Women and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.