Current Job Openings
The Texas Democratic Party is hiring! Check out our career openings:
|Data & Analytics Director||Austin, TX|
|Training Internship||Austin, TX|
|Finance Internship||Austin, TX|
|Political Internship||Austin, TX|
|Communications Internship||Austin, TX|
|Data Internship||Austin, TX|
Data & Analytics Director
Texas Democratic Party seeks a Data & Analytics Director to work closely with the VAN Director to handle the day-to-day data, targeting and reporting needs of the state party, county party organizations, state and federal campaigns. The position will work across departments and with the DNC using data to build successful campaigns. We encourage applicants with campaign experience and experience working in multicultural environments to apply.
Your day to day will consist of:
- Working with the DNC and Democratic data vendors to aid in the development of voter targeting models to optimize voter contact conducted by state and federal campaigns, county party organizations, and other coordinated campaign partners;
- Working with our leadership team to develop regular reporting and ad-hoc analysis, including but not limited to voter registration trends, reports to aid in candidate recruitment, voter contact results, predictive model validation;
- Liaising with partner organizations with whom coordination is possible;
- Advise other departments on the effectiveness of existing programming based on data analysis and recommend improvements;
- Collaborating with other departments to develop training curriculum;
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of data and tech volunteers to assist with projects.
We encourage you to apply if you’ve got a combination of the following:
- Familiarity with predictive models and probabilities, and their application to voter targeting/segmentation;
- Knowledge of VAN/Votebuilder – preference given to applicants with VAN administrator and Catalist experience;
- Experience coding in SQL, Strata, Python, or any other language used for analyzing large datasets;
- Tableau, d3, Shiny, or other data visualization languages or platforms – we encourage you to share data viz work, if any;
- At least 2 cycles of campaign experience – bonus points for electoral campaign experience.
This is not your typical role. You should also be comfortable with:
- Managing multiple priorities while maintaining a real passion for accuracy;
- Taking initiative to think ahead and provide solutions;
- Speaking plainly about complex ideas with team members who are not subject-matter experts;
- Working in a fast-paced environment;
- Continually learning.
HOW TO APPLY:
This is a full-time position. Competitive salary and health benefits based on experience and skill set. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Data & Analytics Director”.
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking Training interns. Interns will get hands on experiences working at TDP’s statewide headquarters located in Austin. This is not just another paper-pushing internship – you will play a role in our statewide training campaign to build the capacity of candidates, volunteers, activists and local party members.
We are looking for interns with the following skills and experience:
- Copy editing documents and publications;
- Google Drive, Google Slides in particular;
- The ability to pull together quality presentations and information on a tight timeline;
- Strong researching skills, including the ability to succinctly summarize research findings;
- Strong public speaker; and
- Understands political campaigns (experience with political campaigns preferred).
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This position is unpaid. No calls please.
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking Finance Interns. Candidates should be college students or recent graduates who are looking to gain political fundraising experience. This internship is the perfect preparation for joining a top campaign’s finance operation, issue organization, or state party.Interns will work in a fast-paced environment and duties will include assisting staff with donor research, creating call sheets, fundraising calls, database management, and event planning/staffing. Strong applicants will be well organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and have a positive attitude and willingness to learn. Excel and Word knowledge required.To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is unpaid. No calls please.
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking Political Interns. Interns will get hands on experiences working at TDP’s statewide headquarters located in Austin. This is not just another paper-pushing internship – you will play a role in our coordinated campaign effort to elect Democrats all up and down the ballot across the entire state of Texas. You will learn about a modern political campaigns.Our political team is actively recruiting and helping in campaigns at all levels. Interns will be asked to research campaign districts, help create campaign plans, help plan and execute candidate trainings, and help candidates directly.To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This position is unpaid. No calls please.
The Texas Democratic Party (TDP) is looking for interns to work within the communications department to foster the growth of the next generation of campaign staff and leaders.Communications Interns will play a role in our communications strategy that helps elect Democrats all across the state of Texas. You will learn all about building and maintaining our press lists, drafting press releases, brainstorming ideas for how we can best amplify our message, and the importance of building relationships with newspapers, radio and tv stations along the way.To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is unpaid. No calls please.
Data interns will work with the Data Team to procure election and polling place data, oversee TDP’s voter engagement tools, and assist in maintaining the state’s voter data.Must have knowledge or interest in learning SQL and VAN, and knowledge of Python is a big plus. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This position is unpaid. No calls please.
The Texas Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Women and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.