Current Job Openings
The Texas Democratic Party is hiring! Check out our career openings:
|Communications Director||Austin, TX|
|Digital Internship||Austin, TX|
|Data Internship||Austin, TX|
|Training Internship||Austin, TX|
|Finance Internship||Austin, TX|
|Political Internship||Austin, TX|
|Communications Internship||Austin, TX|
The Texas Democratic Party (TDP) seeks a Communications Director to manage the overall messaging strategy, act as spokesperson for the TDP when appropriate, maintain and grow connections and relationships with the local, state and national press, and work alongside Democratic candidates and allies to hold Republicans accountable while sharing Democratic priorities and messages. The Communications Director will also be expected to contribute on several office-wide projects including large-scale fundraisers, large events, elections, the Convention and other TDP gatherings.
The Communications Director is a senior member of the staff and will work closely with other senior staff and Party Leadership to set strategic goals and raise the profile of the TDP and our candidates. Additionally, the Communications Director will work closely with the digital team to keep all communications, messages, and branding clear and concise.
- Developing and implementing overarching communications strategy, plans and messages for the State Party;
- Ensuring message continuity across all areas of communications programs;
Developing and maintaining relationships with communications leaders amongst Party allies and the media;
- Building and executing an aggressive statewide surrogate program;
- Writing and editing external communications, including talking points, scripts, press releases, and op-eds;
- Working with legislative leadership to take advantage of press opportunities;
- Maintaining and updating media lists;
- Monitoring and tracking local and national press for relevant stories and developments; and
- Developing and deploying rapid responses.
- Minimum of 4 years working in political and/or advocacy communications;
- Excellent people, written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously under strict deadlines;
- Strong on-the-record expertise, as well as experience with campaign operations and political communications;
- Adept at reviewing crafting plans from polling data
- Responsive and positive team player who enjoys the versatility and constant new challenges;
- Proficient in Google Docs, media-monitoring software, Facebook, Twitter and other social media tools; and
- A strong commitment to Democratic values.
How to Apply:
Please send (1) resume, (2) three references (3) two writing samples to [email protected] with the subject line “Communications Director”.
The Texas Democratic Party seeks passionate and political minded leaders for our digital internship program in Austin.
Our digital interns will gain experience in writing, design, political campaigns, Democratic politics, and organizing. We offer a flexible schedule and college credit for interns whenever possible. No political experience is required.
We offer a flexible schedule and college credit for interns whenever possible.
- Engage supporters online by writing, editing, designing, and curating content
- Work with state party chair, staff and Democratic leaders to achieve our online goals
- Monitor social media and news outlets for breaking news and messaging opportunities
- Write and edit content for all of our platforms
- Help our down-ballot candidates build strong digital programs
- Passion for making our country better and working with members of the broad coalition of people that make up the Democratic Party.
- Enthusiasm for digital engagement, including online organizing, social media, email, graphic design, and digital analytics.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and finish tasks on deadline.
- Comfortable working with high-level Democratic officials, candidates, staff, and donors.
Data interns will work with the Data Team to procure election and polling place data, oversee TDP’s voter engagement tools, assist in maintaining the state’s voter data, and other various projects. Must have basic knowledge/interest in Python and/or SQL and be excited to use VAN. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] This position is unpaid. No calls please.
Must have basic knowledge / interest in Python and / or SQL and be excited to use VAN.
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking Training interns. Interns will get hands on experiences working at TDP’s statewide headquarters located in Austin. This is not just another paper-pushing internship – you will play a role in our statewide training campaign to build the capacity of candidates, volunteers, activists and local party members.
We are looking for interns with the following skills and experience:
- Copy editing documents and publications;
- Google Drive, Google Slides in particular;
- The ability to pull together quality presentations and information on a tight timeline;
- Strong researching skills, including the ability to succinctly summarize research findings;
- Strong public speaker; and
- Understands political campaigns (experience with political campaigns preferred).
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] This position is unpaid. No calls please.
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking Finance Interns. Candidates should be college students or recent graduates who are looking to gain political fundraising experience. This internship is the perfect preparation for joining a top campaign’s finance operation, issue organization, or state party.Interns will work in a fast-paced environment and duties will include assisting staff with donor research, creating call sheets, fundraising calls, database management, and event planning/staffing. Strong applicants will be well organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and have a positive attitude and willingness to learn. Excel and Word knowledge required.To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] This position is unpaid. No calls please.
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking Political Interns. Interns will get hands on experiences working at TDP’s statewide headquarters located in Austin. This is not just another paper-pushing internship – you will play a role in our coordinated campaign effort to elect Democrats all up and down the ballot across the entire state of Texas. You will learn about a modern political campaigns.Our political team is actively recruiting and helping in campaigns at all levels. Interns will be asked to research campaign districts, help create campaign plans, help plan and execute candidate trainings, and help candidates directly.To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] This position is unpaid. No calls please.
The Texas Democratic Party (TDP) is looking for interns to work within the communications department to foster the growth of the next generation of campaign staff and leaders.Communications Interns will play a role in our communications strategy that helps elect Democrats all across the state of Texas. You will learn all about building and maintaining our press lists, drafting press releases, brainstorming ideas for how we can best amplify our message, and the importance of building relationships with newspapers, radio and tv stations along the way.To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] This position is unpaid. No calls please.
The Texas Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Women and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.